The Spring Branch Volunteer Fire Department presented a $2000 check to the 100 Club of Comal County. The SBVFD was established in 1959 before there were subdivisions in that part of the county. Canyon Dam construction had just begun and there was no lake. There were two small schools in the area – Sherwood and Bulverde – each educating about 80 students in 8 grades. According to the 1960 census data, there were approximately 4,213 people living outside New Braunfels in Comal County. SBVFD was the only fire department outside New Braunfels in the county. Everyone helped in those days. Talk about growth! While SBVFD is no longer a first responder department, they will continue the long standing heritage of neighbor helping neighbor. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at P.O. Box 399, Spring Branch, TX 78070
Photo: (L to R) Tony White (SBVFD Treasurer), Del Shewbridge (SBVFD Board Member ), Larry Remy (100 Club Board Member), Judd Earley (100 Club Immediate Past President), Guy Anderson (SBVFD President) , Keith Schuler (SBVFD Vice President) , Kathy Willman, Milton Willman (SBVFD Secretary & Operations Chief (front) Colby Shewbridge and Belinda Frisk (100 Club Board Member).